Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Big New Beginning!

One year ago today I had just gotten home from a wonderful week at the beach with my family and Grant. All was right with the world and we had had a wonderful week together. Grant went back to Alabama and we had planned our next time to see each other, which was in August. At the beach we had discussed our future plans and were excited for the next chapter in our lives. I would do my student teaching that fall, he would propose in December, and we would be married now, and I would be living in Alabama.
Crazy how much changes in a year! I will start my first teaching job in the Fall, Christmas will come in December, and I have no clue what's in store after that. Fast forward one year and the Lord has taken me on the craziest ride I have ever been on. Today, instead of thinking about a wonderful week at the beach, I am sitting at home, thinking about the next chapter in my life. All those promises made a year ago are just words now and after eight months of sadness, loneliness, and feelings of betrayal and hurt, I can honestly say, all is right with my world today. In a month I will be moving home with my family, where I will embark on a "New Beginning". I am Ms. Vaughan now to 28 third graders and I couldn't be more excited. I still cry when I think about moving, but I know this is what is best for me. For so long I have made my decisions for other people and it is time to make a decision for myself. While staying in Lynchburg with all my friends would be ideal, this opportunity is going to offer so much for my life. For 5 years Lynchburg has been my home and I have made memories here that will last a lifetime. My friends live here and it is hard to imagine my life without my best friend across the hall. However, for the first time in 8 months I can truly say I am happy. Am I where I thought I would be? NO. Do I wish some things in my life were different? YES. However, the Lord has a wonderful and good plan for my life and I'm excited to see what it is. He is going to provide me the man of my dreams and the desires of my heart. He is going to give me children to love on and teach and he is going to provide peace that only comes from him. I'm excited! Here's to another year!
“Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:18-19 

No comments:

Post a Comment