Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Whenever I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee." Psalm 56:3

This post has nothing to do with the 100 people challenge. I just have a lot on my mind at the moment, so I figured I'd share it with you. I am blessed to have all my grandparents still living and healthy. I have never had to experience a close death before and I am grateful for that. I know it will happen, but I don't like thinking about it. A year ago my popple had open heart surgery and things were bad for a while. He did not do well with the surgery and the recovery time was hard and strenuous. We thought we had lost him a couple of times, but God had other plans! He is doing better now, but not a day goes by that I do not thank the Lord for keeping my popple alive. A year later, my family is being faced with another scare. Last Friday, my granny was diagnosed with stage one breast cancer. The doctors are confident that they have caught it early and that they can remove the cancer with one surgery. They are also confident that she will not have to go through Chemo or radiation. When I hear the words "breast cancer" it scares me. My best friend, Rebecca's mom, is a breast cancer survivor and I saw what the disease did to her and those of us around her. Today Mrs. Beverley is healthy and doing great, but at the time it was one of the scariest things her family had been through. I know the Lord is in control and is going to take care of my granny. I believe he is going to heal her and make her faith and our family's faith even stronger through this journey. Please keep her and my family in your prayers and keep the doctor's in your prayers as they do what is best for her. She is my light and one of the strongest women I know. "Whenever I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee." (Psalm 56:3)
Four of the most important women in my life. Only one missing is my Grandma Sonnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment