Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Ultimate Sacrifice

Today's blog and number 7 on the countdown is dedicated to my uncle David and all the men and women who have fought and who continue to fight for my freedom, and for those who have lost their lives paying the ultimate price. My uncle David is in the US Army and he is stationed in Ft. Bragg, in Fayetteville, NC. Growing up David was deployed a lot and I didn't see him very much. He was always very quiet when he was around. He and my aunt Brenda (who will make the countdown) have lived everywhere, including Germany. It wasn't until a few years ago that they moved to Fayetteville and have been close to home! I am proud to have an uncle who fights for his country with passion and desire and who truly wants the best for our country. David just got back in December from a deployment to Afghanistan. Besides being a soldier, David is my uncle and a fun uncle at that. If you know anything about my relationship with my uncle David, it is that we have a very sarcastic and fun relationship. We are hardly ever serious with each other and he is constantly making fun or picking on me! I don't mind though. I believe moving to Fayetteville was the best thing that could have happened to David and Brenda's family. First, they are closer to us and we get to see them more often and Fayetteville is where they have placed their roots and really gotten involved. David isn't as quiet anymore and I love it. In fact, I'm sure he will have something to say about this post. :) (Don't let this blow your ego David). He truly has impacted my life. First, he has been a wonderful uncle and puts up with my craziness. Second, he is a soldier in the United States Army and he fights for my freedom, and yours. He is selfless and has followed the Lord's calling on his life wholeheartedly. I am thankful for the sacrifice David and others like him give every day. I love you David and I am proud to be your niece. Happy Memorial Day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment