Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

2 Down...98 more to go!

YAY! I jumped from 4 followers to 7 followers in a day!!! HAHA it's the little things. Be sure to read some of the previous posts to see where life has taken me in the last 4 months. It's a lot about life, love, and lessons. Today was a good Monday. I had Fisher today and we spent the morning with Erin and the boys. Tonight I started a bible study with a group of ladies and I am so so excited about it! There are about 10 of us and the only other girl I know is Lindsey, which is great because I'm excited to meet new friends! I have been searching for a time like this and a way to get involved with other women and share what the Lord is doing in our lives! The study is by Priscilla Shier and it is on Discerning the Voice of God. So exciting!!! Life is so crazy and I know I often feel like God has nothing to say to me. However, God is always talking, I am just not always listening. If I listened and obeyed more I think my life would be a lot less crazy! Yay for this "New Beginning" and I'm glad I get to go through it with Linds! :) 
We both need it! 
Now onto what you've all been dying to know... who's number 2??????? Well, wait no longer, the 2nd person on my list of 100 people is none other than my beautiful, smart, and creative mother, Edna Vaughan! 
I don't even know where to begin when trying to describe my mom. She is the most incredible woman I know! Our relationship has not always been the greatest and believe it or not there was a time when we argued all the time and our relationship was strained. When I moved out of my parents house and joined Living Proof, our relationship improved drastically. While I am the spitting image of my dad, I am very much so my mother's child. We are both very blunt and honest and often times that seemed to get in the way of our relationship. Now, my mom is my best friend. I tell her everything and I truly value her wisdom and opinions. She is such a wonderful mom and has always put my needs ahead of her own. She is the most selfless woman I know and she always puts others first. One thing that really encourages me is knowing that my mom prays for me daily, over and over again. Her desire is to see me happy, at whatever cost. My brother and I are the most important people in her life, and that is comforting. During the past few months, my mom has been a constant reminder of God's love. My breakup with Grant was not only hard on me, but it was hard on those around me and who knew Grant and I. It was especially difficult and hard for my family because Grant was part of our family. However, while I knew my mom was upset, she made a conscious effort in making sure she was encouraging and loving, even when she didn't understand my feelings. She will never know how much that has meant to me! I can only pray that I can be half the mother and wife she is to me. As far as being a wife, can you imagine being married to my dad? haha. That's a full time job in and of itself and she handles it well! :) My mom is patient, kind, and always respectful towards my dad and she admires him. Their love is truly one of a kind and it is one that I hope to have one day! It makes me smile to see how much I am like my mom. My mom is the Proverbs 31 woman. Anyone who knows her, would say the same thing and there is not a mean thing that could ever be said about her. She loves the Lord and she loves people and she loves investing her time in others lives. She is a true example of God's plan for a mother, wife, friend, and career woman. She will never know the impact she has had and continues to have on me and my life.


4 comments:

  1. that Priscilla Shrier study is a great one!!!! i did it last year and it was awesome, really learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you're doing the bible study and will get to know the other girls! It's going to be great! And I just love your momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud that you are so much like your momma. I always prayed for a daughter who would love God and love others. That's you! Keep trusting Him and He will guide every step you take. Keep modeling what you see in momma and you will be a wonderful wife and mother one day -- in God's time. I love you more than a fat kid loves cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've known both your parents longer than you have :-) And I can honestly say that how you describe your mom is who she is to the core. Selfless, passionate, and determined have always been her trademarks. With Edna, you always knew/know where she stood. I admire that. Blessings to you as you continue on this journey!

    ReplyDelete