Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Then there were 4

Well, 3 down and 97 to go!100 people is a lot!!! I like that I decided to do this because it has made me go back through my life and really think about the people I have crossed paths with and how they have shaped my life. As many of you know, one of biggest, if not my biggest, passions in life are children. I love babysitting, I love teaching, and I love just being around children. The 4th person in my list of 100 is Amanda Nixon, now, Amanda Nixon Winslow. I'm sure Amanda has no clue that she had an impact on my life but she did in a very profound way. Amanda was our main babysitter when my family lived in Hertford. My parents did not leave us with babysitters often, but when they did, we loved it and we loved Amanda. I can remember wanting to be a babysitter, just like Amanda. My fondest memory of Amanda was her making my brother and I Mac and Cheese with hot dogs. We both loved it but my parents thought it was the weirdest thing. To this day, it is my all time favorite thing to eat and I legit have it like 3 times a week, if not more. Each time I make it, I think of Amanda. Its been like 12 or so years since I have seen Amanda, but we are friends on Facebook and I love keeping up with her and her family. She was a girl that I looked up to and wanted to be like when I grew up. I just thought she was so cool! She was always fun and I can remember always having something to do when she came over. Now, babysitting is a huge part of my life. It basically got me through college. I always wanted to be the fun babysitter that all the kids liked and I have achieved my goal! HAHA. Now I am the girl young girls look up to and want to be like. One of the girls I watch, Annie, is 9 years old and I have been watching her since she was 4. She calls me her fake sister and tells her friends that she has a "fake" sister and its just like having a real sister. I love it! So, Amanda had no clue she made such an impact on my life but she made me want to be a babysitter, and a great one at that! Thanks Amanda! :)
This is Amanda, now, pregnant with her 2nd child!

2 comments:

  1. Great choice! Amanda is a wonderful wife and mother and an excellent role-model for young women. I'm so proud of her and so thankful for the influence she has had in your and Dustin's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I feel so completely honored!!! It was an absolute pleasure watching you and Dustin and to see you so grown makes me feel really old. I was extremely blessed to have your family in my life at such an influential time in mine. Thank you Danielle.

    ReplyDelete